Friday, September 9, 2011

Opener Postponed

For the past several weeks, our administrative team has been proactive about the issue of mosquito born diseases and the possible risk to our students and community members. We met with Plymouth County official Dan Daley on Thursday and that time we were informed that Whitman-Hanson Regional High School was in a low risk area. However, this afternoon the Department of Public health informed the Hanson board of health that two mosquitoes, one which is mammal biting, tested positive for Triple E. After consulting with a Hanson Board of Health official, we have determined that the most prudent course of action would be to postpone tonight’s game until tomorrow at 4pm.
On Monday, we will consult with town, county and state officials to determine what our next course of action should be.
For updates, please follow us at twitter at whathletics or at our blog at .

No comments:

Post a Comment