The Whitman-Hanson girls soccer team will play host to Duxbury on Monday night (10/24) at 6pm in a game which will decide the Patriot League championship. The two teams go into the final league game of the season in a tie with 21 points. The Panthers have won 6 straight league titles. This run is particularly impressive after Whitman-Hanson lost many great players to graduation a year ago including All-American Samantha Mewis, who is now playing at UCLA. This year’s Panther squad is led by Seniors Devon Morse and Cassie Chernicki who both have 11 goals. Morse also leads the team with 7 assists. Fellow senior Mackenzie Hatfield has 9 goals while Junior Yasmin Civan has 6. Sophomore keeper Lauren Clark has been solid in goal with a .66 GAA in 12 games.
The Panthers are unbeaten in its last 13 games (12-0-1).
Other Whitman-Hanson sports news:
· The football game originally scheduled for 11/10 against NQ has been moved to 11/11/11 at 7pm at Whitman-Hanson.
· The boys soccer game at Duxbury Monday 10/24 will now be played at 6:30pm as the Triple E ban in Duxbury has been lifted.
· The boys and girls cross country teams can both clinch league championships with wins at Hingham on Tuesday (10/25). The girls cross country program is currently 7-0 and has already won the Bay State Invitational and posted an impressive second place finish at the Brown Invite. They are looking to become undefeated league champions for the fifth year in a row and can do that with a win at Hingham on Tuesday. The boys cross country team has won 18 league championships, including 8 in a row. So far this fall under the direction of new coach Matt Vercollone, captains Pat Ryan and Nate Stephansky have led the team to a record of 6-1.
· The golf team wrapped up the most successful regular season in school history by beating Scituate on Thursday. The team finishes with an 11-5 record and will compete in the state tournament on Tuesday.
· Whitman-Hanson will play host to the Patriot League Cheerleading championship at 7pm on Thursday 11/3.
· Whitman-Hanson is taking part in the Liberty Mutual Responsible Sports program and is vying for a much needed $5,000 grant. Parents, alumni and fans are encouraged to log on to the athletic blog (www.whathletics.blogspot.com ) and click on the button which says help us; take the quiz.
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook