It may not feel like it because it is snowing out today, but Spring sports start on Monday. Please make sure that you are signed up (your parents MUST fill out an online permission slip at www.whathletics.com ) and you must have an up to date physical. All physicals expire 13 months from the date it was conducted. It is possible your physical could be good on day one of tryouts but not day 2. Be aware of the date of your physical.
You must have taken an impact test either this year or last year in order to play. See Ms. Watkins if you are unsure. It is your responsibility to get this taken care of.
In order to play a spring sport you MUST earn 8 credits. If you played in a game and had less than 8, we would forfeit every game you played in. If you are playing a cut sport and you know you may be in jeopardy, please email me so I can do a manual check of grades for you on Tuesday or Wednesday. You can also discuss this with your coach. It would be a shame if someone else was cut and then you were ineligible. There is no way around this rule. If you do not earn 8 credits you cannot play. You must also have a third trimester schedule with at least 8 credits. This means if you are taking options and senior privs you would be ineligible.
If you have to reach the coach, their contact info is on the website at www.whathletics.com .
It is your responsibility to know where you have to be and what time. Many of the practice schedules can be found at www.whathletics.com . Here is a complete list –
1) Baseball - 2pm-4pm each day- Meet in the gym dressed and ready to go. Be prepared to practice inside AND outside. No shorts allowed. Bring sweatshirt.
2) Softball 3:30pm-5:30pm (pitchers and catchers stay until 6pm) at the varsity softball field. The team may break off and a group may practice at the JV field but everyone starts at the varsity field at 3:30pm. Dress warm!! Dress in layers. Be prepared to practice inside as well.
3) Boys Track meets in locker room at 2:15pm on Monday and Girls meet on the walking track at 2:30pm. After Monday, practice always begins at 2;30pm at the outdoor track.
4) Girls Tennis Monday 3:15pm-5pm, Tuesday 2-3:45pm - rest of the schedule can be found at www.whathletics.com .
5) Boys Tennis Monday 2pm-3:45pm, Tuesday 315-5pm. rest of the schedule can be found at www.whathletics.com .
6) Girls lacrosse Monday-Wednesday 2-3:45pm at turf field - rest of the schedule can be found at www.whathletics.com . Dress warm - practice will always be outside unless there is lightening. If its snowing or raining, practice is still outside.
7) Boys lacrosse Monday-Wednesday 330pm-5pm at turf field. Be prepared to practice on turf or grass. Dress warm - practice will always be outside unless there is lightening. If its snowing or raining, practice is still outside.
Whitman-Hanson Regional High School
600 Franklin Street
Whitman, MA 02382
(781) 618-7433 (office)
(617) 838-0994 (cell)
(781) 618-7159 (classroom)
Follow us on twitter @whathletics