It's been an exciting week in Panther athletics - here is the latest
1) The boys soccer team is Whitman Hanson's version of the cardiac kids. The Panthers needed 4 points in their final 3 games (in 3 days) to qualify for the state tournament. They easily beat Quincy, then tied Rockland before turning in an amazing effort against league champion Duxbury in the season finale to earn a scoreless tie and a trip to the state tournament. The Panthers got unlucky with the coin flips in the seeding process and had to travel to 12th seeded Catholic Memorial in a prelim game on Sunday. That didn't bother the Panthers though. They played to a scoreless tie through regulation and 2 overtime sessions to send the game to penalty kicks. Conor Keane had two huge saves but we were still tied when we went to a 6th kick and that's where Kevin Emery connected on the game winner to pull off the stunning upset. Whitman-Hanson advances to the first round to take on Pembroke on the road Tuesday at 6pm.
2) The girls soccer team capped of the regular season by earning the 4th seed in the state tournament which is good for home field advantage through the neutral round of the state tournament. The Panthers play host to Newton South on Wednesday night at 6pm.
3) The football team played their first playoff game under the new format and first playoff game overall in the last 13 years Friday night but unfortunately were over powered by the top seed Somerset-Berkely (they don't use the hyphen down their but I'm taking the privilege of adding it), 51-15. Nick Smith ran for a 65 yard touchdown and threw for a 68 yard bomb to Senior captain Nick Villanueva to account for the scores. As of this moment, the Panthers are scheduled to host Plymouth North Friday however, Whitman-Hanson and Plymouth North have appealed this matchup since we played just 3 weeks ago. An MIAA committee will hear the appeal Monday morning. We will post the results of that appeal on our website and on twitter.
4) Our cheerleaders are excited for competition season. They play host to huge events over the next couple of weeks. On Saturday, November 8th the Panthers host the Patriot League championships at 3pm. The following week on Sunday, November 16th the Panthers host the South Regionals.
5) The cross country teams are training for the EMASS race on Saturday at the Wrentham Developmental Center. The teams did a training race on Saturday at the MSTCA race as preparation for the big day.
- Tryout Info
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- Athletic Calendar
- Advertising List
- Panther PALS Donations
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- User Fee Online Payments
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Players Pledge
- Captains Community Service Form
- Parent Pledge
- College Bound Athlete
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Purchase School Insurance
- Fundraising Form
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- WH Student handbook
- MIAA Handbook
- Athletic Handbook
- Patriot League Website
- Athletic Hall of Fame