W-H Girls Lacrosse Try-out Information
Monday 3/20-Wednesday 3/22 from 2:00-4:00 at the turf. Teams will be assembled after Wednesday’s try-outs. * Varsity practices are 2:00-4:00 also M-F
Scrimmages (home): JV (5:15PM) & Varsity (4PM) vs. Apponoquet Fri 3/24
Varsity (6PM) vs. Weymouth Tues 3/28
Varsity will have Sunday practices this year (5:30-7PM)
What to bring:
All girls MUST have a stick, mouthguard, sneakers (AND cleats if you have them) and goggles to try out.
NO cell phones out at try-outs or practice!!
Must have current physical, impact test, and must be signed up online. Your parents need to sign up at www.whathletics.com
Every student MUST have passed 5 full credit courses (school service does not count) for term 2. The same goes for Quarter 3 or else you will have to leave the team. You are a STUDENT first.
Please follow me on Twitter for any updates on try-outs, schedules, etc. @WH_GirlsLax
You should also talk to my Captains (Mik White, Mel McAleer, & Taylor McVeigh) for preseason conditioning info
I look for a few things for varsity players
1. Hard-workers (girls that see conditioning as a way to improve and get in better shape, not as a punishment)
2. Team players (girls that motivate each other- this is a team sport, don’t be negative)
3. NO WHINING (complaining or whining means we do more)
4. Hustle- even if your stick skills aren’t perfect I watch to see who hustles the most. Lacrosse involves constant movement.
5. Commitment- you are expected to practice at game speed & never miss a practice for anything other than school-related activities (jobs are not an excuse).