2018 Varsity Golf Tryouts
Day 1: Thursday, August 23 @ 11:15 by 1st tee practice green
Day 2: Friday, August 24 @ 12:00
Day 3: Monday, August 27 @ 2:00
All participants signed up online prior to the start of tryouts are promised three days of nine holes of golf at no charge. In order to be eligible, you must be academically eligible, as well as having the following completed:
1) An updated physical on record at the school, or a hard copy in hand
2) An up-to-date completed IMPACT test
3) A parent/guardian online registration completed
*There are no exceptions to these rules and any golfer without any one of these completed will not be able to tryout on the first day.
RESPECT FOR THE COURSE!
Because all golfers during the tryout period are given the opportunity to play golf for three days at no cost, we have to recognize and respect the generosity of Ridder Farm Golf Club. Should any candidate abuse their privilege, they will automatically be asked to leave the course and their tryout will immediately end. For that reason, we ask that you please review the following rules and expectations:
1) All golfers must have their own equipment for tryouts – sharing clubs, golf balls, or any type of equipment is not allowed.
2) Please dress appropriately. You must wear a collared shirt and no cuts offs of any kind are allowed.
3) Spectators are not allowed during the course of play for the tryout period, as well as during the season.
4) No caddies are allowed. All golfers are expected to walk and carry their own bag, unless a medical note is provided.
5) Inappropriate language or acts are absolutely prohibited (i.e. swearing, shouting at others, throwing clubs, cheating of any kind, etc.).
6) Please keep pace of play up – pay attention to what’s going on around you so you can take your shot in a time efficient and safe manner, as well as help those within your foursome find their ball to quicken play if necessary.
7) MOST IMPORTANTLY: Remember that you are not only representing yourself during this time, but your school and family as well. Please show kindness and respect to any staff members at the course by using your manners and replacing ball marks and divots during your time on the course. Without Ridder Farm, Whitman-Hanson would not have golf program, so please refrain from doing anything that may jeopardize that.
I really look forward to seeing you all on Thursday, as this year should prove to be a competitive tryout and season. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
WH Varsity Golf Coach