Whitman-Hanson senior pitcher Rian Schwede won his second game on the mound in as many tries as he hurled a 1-hitter, and the Panthers beat Scituate on the road, 2-1.
The only run Schwede gave up was unearned on a two-out double by Scituate's catcher Reidy. His hit knocked in the lead-off batter May, who had reached on an infield error.
Schwede's fastball was alive all day as he retired the side in order in innings 1,2,5,6, and 7, and only faced 3 batters over the regulation 21.
Schwede's pitching line ended with him going 7 full innings, giving up 1 unearned run, on 1 hit, 1 BB, and 5 Ks.
Sophomore Tom Marshall was outstanding at third base all day and came up big at the plate. In the fourth inning he broke a 0-0 tie as he delivered a double that scored Schwede, who had walked and was sacrificed to second on a perfect bunt by junior Devin Coulstring.
Danny Kent , who also played outstanding defensively, also walked in the fourth inning and scored on an error.
After its second 2-1 win in a row, Whitman-Hanson is now 3-0 overall and 3-0 in the Patriot League.
- Tryout Checklist
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Patriot League Rosters
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- Athletic Calendar
- Signup for Fitness Center Slot
- Panther PALS Donations
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- User Fee Online Payments
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Players Pledge
- Captains Community Service Form
- Parent Pledge
- College Bound Athlete
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Purchase School Insurance
- Fundraising Form
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- WH Student handbook
- MIAA Handbook
- Athletic Handbook
- Patriot League Website
- Athletic Hall of Fame