Whitman-Hanson senior pitcher Rian Schwede won his second game on the mound in as many tries as he hurled a 1-hitter, and the Panthers beat Scituate on the road, 2-1.
The only run Schwede gave up was unearned on a two-out double by Scituate's catcher Reidy. His hit knocked in the lead-off batter May, who had reached on an infield error.
Schwede's fastball was alive all day as he retired the side in order in innings 1,2,5,6, and 7, and only faced 3 batters over the regulation 21.
Schwede's pitching line ended with him going 7 full innings, giving up 1 unearned run, on 1 hit, 1 BB, and 5 Ks.
Sophomore Tom Marshall was outstanding at third base all day and came up big at the plate. In the fourth inning he broke a 0-0 tie as he delivered a double that scored Schwede, who had walked and was sacrificed to second on a perfect bunt by junior Devin Coulstring.
Danny Kent , who also played outstanding defensively, also walked in the fourth inning and scored on an error.
After its second 2-1 win in a row, Whitman-Hanson is now 3-0 overall and 3-0 in the Patriot League.
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook