Whitman-Hanson won its 9th game of the season against 1 defeat as it beat visiting Marshfield today 7-5.
In his first varsity appearance on the mound, junior Devin Coulstring held Marshfield to 3 runs on 5 hits, striking out 3 and walking only 2 batters.
Then in the bottom of the fifth, with score tied 3 to 3, Coulstring struck the big blow, a bases-clearing double with 2 outs, to put the Panthers ahead to stay.
In the second inning Danny Kent hit a long double to score Coulstring for the Panthers' first run
W-H scored their second and third runs in the third inning. Mike Cook hit a long triple to left field for an rbi before scoring on a sacrifice fly by Will Newell
Tommy Marshall followed with a long triple to right center to score Coulstring for Whitman-Hanson's 7th run. Cam Gray came on in his second mound appearance of the year in the sixth inning to work an inning and a 1/3 before sophomore Tommy Marshall was called on to slam the door on an infield pop-up and a strike out.
Whitman-Hanson is now 9-1 overall and 6-1 in Patriot League play.
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook
- Athletic Calendar
- Concussion Resources