> The Whitman-Hanson baseball team qualified for the state tournament for the fourth year in a row with a 1-0 victory over Duxbury in Duxbury.
> W-H pitcher Rian Schwede and Duxbury's lefty Charlie Coon went head to head in a game that went scoreless for 6 innings.
> Schwede faced the regulation 15 batters batters in the first 5 innings, in the fourth turning a 1-6-3 double play after a bunt single.
> By that time Coon had struck out 11 W-H batters while stranding men on second and third in the first inning and on first and second in the fourth inning.
> In the seventh inning W-H started a rally with a strike-out passed ball. Two sacrifice bunts later the bases were loaded, and W-H scored the game's only run when Coon walked Ethan Phelps.
> Drew Haight then came on in relief of Coon and retired the next three batters to get out of the jam.
> In the bottom of the seventh Duxbury threatened, and with two outs and runners on second and third, Tommy Marshall came on in relief of Schwede to induce a fly ball to right field for the final out of the game.
> Schwede went 6 2/3 innings in shutting out Duxbury. He gave up 3 hits, walked 1, and struck out 7.
> Marshall faced one batter to end the game.
> Coone gave up 1 run on 6 hits, walked 4, and struck out 12.
> Whitman-Hanson is now 10-1 overall and 7-1 in Patriot League play.
- Tryout Info
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- Athletic Calendar
- Advertising List
- Panther PALS Donations
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- User Fee Online Payments
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Players Pledge
- Captains Community Service Form
- Parent Pledge
- College Bound Athlete
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Purchase School Insurance
- Fundraising Form
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- WH Student handbook
- MIAA Handbook
- Athletic Handbook
- Patriot League Website
- Athletic Hall of Fame