Senior Mike Cook hit a walk-off double to knock in senior Ethan Phelps, who had singled, to give the Whitman-Hanson Panthers baseball team a 2-1 win over visiting Plymouth South.
In the bottom half of the seventh inning, senior Derek Frank had followed Phelps's single with a perfect sacrifice bunt to put the game winning run in scoring position, and Cook did the rest.
Senior Rian Schwede went the distance for W-H, as he gave up 1 earned run, scattered 5 hits, struck out 7, and walked no one for his seventh win of the season.
Although W-H had 12 hits on the day, every time they were about to break the game open a Panther would hit a rocket right at a P-S player, who always made the play.
Ethan Phelps scored both W-H runs, and Cook and Schwede had 2 hits apiece.
Danny Kent was immense at shortstop where he made a number of run-saving plays, including an 1-6-3 double play that would then leave a P-S runner at third as Schwede would then end the inning with a strike out.
W-H is now 15-6 overall
- Fan bus to Boston Garden
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Winter Schedules
- Athletic Calendar
- Advertising List
- Panther PALS Donations
- Impact Test
- February Vacation Basketball Camp
- User Fee Online Payments
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Captains Community Service Form
- Players Pledge
- Parent Pledge
- College Bound Athlete
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Purchase School Insurance
- Fundraising Form
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- Online Concussion Course
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- WH Student handbook
- MIAA Handbook
- Athletic Handbook
- Patriot League Website
- Athletic Hall of Fame