Senior Mike Cook hit a walk-off double to knock in senior Ethan Phelps, who had singled, to give the Whitman-Hanson Panthers baseball team a 2-1 win over visiting Plymouth South.
In the bottom half of the seventh inning, senior Derek Frank had followed Phelps's single with a perfect sacrifice bunt to put the game winning run in scoring position, and Cook did the rest.
Senior Rian Schwede went the distance for W-H, as he gave up 1 earned run, scattered 5 hits, struck out 7, and walked no one for his seventh win of the season.
Although W-H had 12 hits on the day, every time they were about to break the game open a Panther would hit a rocket right at a P-S player, who always made the play.
Ethan Phelps scored both W-H runs, and Cook and Schwede had 2 hits apiece.
Danny Kent was immense at shortstop where he made a number of run-saving plays, including an 1-6-3 double play that would then leave a P-S runner at third as Schwede would then end the inning with a strike out.
W-H is now 15-6 overall
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Bona Fide Player Waiver
- Bus Schedule (Fall)
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Concussion Resources
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Thanksgiving Program
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook