I hope you and your family are enjoying summer. It will not be long before we are returning to school and I wanted to touch base again to encourage all students to explore the possibility of joining an athletic team this school year. Being on a team is a great way to make friends, learn important life lessons, give students a productive use of their free time and make memories that will last a lifetime. We have room for students of all abilities levels in a wide array of athletic offerings. Most of these sports do not have cuts and the coaches welcome players regardless of their experience. To see a full list of what we offer click on this link which also includes coach contact info which you can use to direct any sport specific questions - https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=E88DFA4145281542!2334&ithint=file%2cdocx&authkey=!APnzYPO5qMir8fs .
Football begins on 8/16 while all other fall sports begin on 8/22. All students who want to play a sport in any season next school year must attend our athletic first night program along with at least one parent on Sunday August 18th at 5pm in the high school PAC.
If your child does want to play a sport this school year please take a moment to take of the checklist below. Anyone who does not complete the online permission slip before 8/1 will have to sit out the first day or practice and tryouts so in order to make sure you do not miss this deadline, please take care of this asap. Here is the full checklist – regardless of what sports season you plan to play please take care of the bullet points below today.
1. Parents fill out the online permission slip before 8/1 located on this link - https://fs17.formsite.com/WHathletics/form57/index.html
2. Make sure your child’s physical is up to date and you have a hard copy available. All fall athletes are expected to hand their coach a copy of their physical on the first day of tryouts even if they think the school has it on file and even if it has already been mailed in. Physicals expire exactly 13 months from the day the phsyical was conducted and only an official doctor’s office physical form is accepted. We do not accept a doctor’s note. It must be the physical form. We suggest all students take a picture of their physical form and keep it on their phone.
3. All students must take the online impact test which can be found at www.whathletics.com . The test is good for two years so usually its freshmen, juniors and first time athletes who have to take it.
4. Make sure all past due fees are paid. You do not have to pay this years user fee until one week after the roster is set. However, students are no longer allowed to tryout with a balance from the previous school year unless there are extenuating circumstances. If that is the case, please email me so we can work out a plan. In order to see your child’s balance log in to infinite campus and click on fees. If you do have any outstanding balance, you can pay it with a credit or debit card by clicking on this link - https://fs17.formsite.com/WHathletics/form52/index.html
5. Students must have earned 20 credits this past school year in order to be eligible to play both the fall and winter seasons. Summer school credits do count toward this total.
If you have any questions or if I can be of any help please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email or phone.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.