In their first home game of the season, Whitman-Hanson defeated Silver Lake 6-3.
Co-captain Tommy Marshall went the first 5 innings and left with the score 3-2 , W-H.
Junior Aidan Barry came on in relief and kept S-L off the board for the sixth inning.
In the bottom of the sixth,Tommy Marshall led off with a double, was sacrificed to third by a Ty Gordon bunt. After frehman Evan Yakavonis walked and stole second, sophomore Connor Sottak pinch hit a 3-run homer to to put the Panthers ahead 6-2.
Silver Lake scored a single run in the top of the seventh before senior Aidan MacKay came in to relieve Barry and ended the threat.
Besides Sottack's blast, Bobby and Tommy Marshall had 2 hits each for W-H, and Jack Allen and Danny Kent also hit safely.
Whitman-Hanson is now 3-0 overall in Patriot League play.
They travel to Marshfield Friday.
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Bona Fide Player Waiver
- Bus Schedule (Fall)
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Concussion Resources
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Thanksgiving Program
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook