Here is the latest update from WH Athletics:
• The cheerleading team won the south regional championship last Sunday and will compete for the state title this Sunday in Lowell at the high school. The competition starts at 2pm and WH is 17th to compete so they will be on the mat at approximately 3:25pm. If you have never been to a competition, you and your family would enjoy watching these talented girls. Our team is one of the favorites to win the title. We will have updates on Twitter from the competition.
• The Enterprise notified us this morning that 15 of our students were names as all-scholastics for the winter season. They are:
Dondre James, Boys Basketball
Domenic Cacciatore, Boys Indoor Track
Patrick Ryan, Boys Indoor Track
Corey Burns, Boys Indoor Track
Dylan Foureau, Boys Indoor Track
Mike Reimer, Boys Indoor Track
Abby Baker, Girls Indoor Track
Rachael Baker, Girls Indoor Track
Nicole Galewski, Girls Indoor Track
Colin McSweeney, Wrestling
Jeff Bechen, Wrestling
Greg McGrath, Wrestling
AJ Glynn, Hockey
Anthony Villanueva, Hockey
Chris Boussy, Hockey
• For the first time since 1986, Whitman-Hanson baseball will have a new baseball coach. John Graham, a former Red Sox minor league player, takes over for Pat Forbes, who retired early last month. Pat led the Panthers to 5 league titles in his 25 years at the helm and guided the team to the south sectional finals in 1990. For more on John and Pat, click here for the official press release. http://whathletics.blogspot.com/2012/03/wh-baseball-gets-new-coach.html
• More than 40 Whitman-Hanson coaches underwent CPR/AED training this week. Another 40 will participate in a coach’s education class on Saturday here at Whitman-Hanson. The class is run by the MIAA in conjunction with the national federation. Beginning in the fall, every Whitman-Hanson coach will meet the state requirements for coaching certification and training.
• Whitman-Hanson senior Colin McSweeney wrapped up his career at the New England Championships in Providence last weekend. Colin, who suffered a knee injury at states, competed in two very tight matches despite not being 100%. We congratulate him on one of the best season’s in school history.
• Junior Abby Baker was the top Massachusetts runner in the 1000 meter race at New Englands. She finished 11th overall running her second best time of 3:01.
• Whitman-Hanson welcomes 4 new head coaches this Spring. Megan Methven (girls lacrosse), Stan Ungechauer (boys lacrosse), John Graham (baseball) and Jeff Andrews (boys track). We are confident that all 4 will do well as they begin their new challenge.
• Spring sports begin on Monday March 19th. More than 330 student have signed up to tryout for one of our 8 sports. In the Spring, Whitman-Hanson offers Boys Tennis, Girls Tennis, Softball, Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Boys Track and Girls Track.
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Athletic Calendar
- Advertising List
- Panther PALS Donations
- Impact Test
- User Fee Online Payments
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Captains Community Service Form
- Players Pledge
- Parent Pledge
- College Bound Athlete
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Purchase School Insurance
- Fundraising Form
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- Online Concussion Course
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- WH Student handbook
- MIAA Handbook
- Athletic Handbook
- Patriot League Website
- Athletic Hall of Fame