Due to the weather forecast, the following changes have been made to the athletic schedule
1) Girls basketball originally scheduled for tomorrow in Quincy has been moved to tonight in Quincy.
2) Boys basketball which was originally scheduled for tomorrow here at WH, has been moved to next Friday night. This now becomes senior night for the team.
3) The MIAA south sectional D2 wrestling tournament scheduled to be hosted here at WH on Saturday has been postponed to next Saturday 2/16/13.
4) The Patriot League cheerleading competition scheduled for Sunday 2/10 has been rescheduled to Monday 2/11 at 6:30pm (pre-penalty is at 5:30pm).
5) The Patriot League all-league meet scheduled for tomorrow has been rescheduled for 6pm on Saturday at the Reggie Lewis Center. It is my guess that this will be postponed as well, but since we are not the scheduling authority on that, we have to wait for the league to make the call. We will tweet it once the announcement has been made.
6) The girls hockey practice scheduled for tomorrow morning before school will be held as scheduled UNLESS either Pembroke or WH has no school. If either school does not have class, then practice is cancelled. The girls game scheduled for Sunday 2/10 has been changed from 7:40pm to 5:40pm. A decision on Saturday’s game will be made sometime Saturday morning. We will tweet the latest information when we have it.
7) The boys hockey game on Saturday is still scheduled as of this moment. However, it does not look promising. When a decision is made on that game, we will tweet the latest information.
I just want to encourage everyone to follow us on twitter at whathletics. Now, I know not everyone has joined twitter nation, but did you know you don’t have to join us to follow everything that is happening at Whitman-Hanson?
If you text the words, follow whathletics, to 40404, you will get a text message every time we tweet something. This is particularly helpful at a time like this with a storm of this magnitude. We always tweet the information the moment we get the word. Once you send the initial text, you can turn the notifications on or off simply by texting the word on or off to that same 40404 number.