Whitman Hanson Regional High School
Below is an updated list of dates and activities to help everyone get ready for the upcoming fall season.
No cuts at the freshmen level. Upper classmen must improve to avoid being cut. Get working on skills NOW!
You can contact me with any questions through email email@example.com
Pass this information along to anyone you know who wants to play soccer in the fall.
· Fridays: Speed, Agility, & Conditioning 4:30 – 6 at the high school track. Wear sneakers and bring water.
Open to all athletes.
· August 17th, Athletic Night at High School, all athletes and at least 1 parent:
Freshmen & Parents 5 pm, Soph., Jrs., & Senior & Parents 5:30pm
· August 20th, Wed. 5 pm, Summer Conditioning PACER Test in the gym (running shoes needed) or 1 ½ mile
timed run on outside track and two 40yd sprints. This is not part of tryouts, is open to everyone, and is optional on this day.
**ALL PARENTS must fillout/sign a permission slip for their son on line with the athletic department and provide a copy of a
recent physical within the past 13 months BEFORE your son can tryout on Thursday August 21st.
A concussion baseline impact test must also be on file with the athletic department. The impact test is good for 2 years so if you had it last fall, you are all set.
See the Athletic Department website for details.
**ALL Paperwork must be completed BEFORE official tryouts on August 21st!!
· August 21st, Thurs. Tryouts begin, arrive 15 minutes before start time: Soph. Jr. & Seniors 7:00 – 10:00am
Freshmen 11:15 – 2:15
· Aug. 22nd Fri. Timed run 6:30 am for those who did not complete it on Wed.’ on the track. Double session tryouts everyone 7:00-9:30 & 12:30 – 3:00.
· Aug. 23rd Sat. Double session everyone 7:00 – 9:30 & 12:00 – 3:00 Scrimmage vs EB.
All teams & players invited to Nate Almeida’s house for a cookout at 4pm. Please let Nate or Mrs. Almeida know if you are attending so we can provide enough food/drinks for everyone. Nathaniel.Almeida@whrsd.k12.ma.us or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Aug. 24th Sunday NO PRACTICE
· Aug. 25th Monday practice 2 – 4
· Aug. 26th Scrimmage at Falmouth 3:00, leave W-H 1:30 Varsity & Jv
· Aug. 27& 29 practice 2 – 4
· Aug. 28th Scrimmage home vs Dedham 5:00 Varsity & Jv
· Aug. 30th Saturday SoccerBowl on turf 9 am – 1:30 pm.
· Aug. 31st Sunday NO PRACTICE
· Sept. 1st Monday, Freshmen No Practice, Varsity & Jv TBA