Bobby Marshall decided that his twin brother would not be the only member of the family to throw a complete game win in his first outing on the mound this season.
Bobby gave up no earned runs on 3 hits while striking out 5 and walking only 1 batter in Whitman-Hanson's 7 - 2 win in Hingham.
Combined with brother Tommy's complete game 5-0 shutout against Duxbury last Thursday, the Marshall Brothers have helped the Whitman-Hanson baseball team start the season with 2 wins against no losses.
The Panthers went ahead 1-0 in the first inning on one of shortstop Danny Kent's 3 hits. Whitman-Hanson scored 4 more runs in the second inning, the big blast coming on senior Jack Allen's long double with bases loaded.
Cam Cummings had an rbi single in the fifth when Whitman-Hanson scored 2 more runs.
Defensively, the left side of the infield of Tommy Marshall at third base and Danny Kent at short were solid all afternoon. Kent was also in the middle of a 6-4-3 Mike Hutchko to Kent to Ty Gordon double play to get the Panthers out of trouble.
Senior TJ Whitman's strong effort behind the plate helped Marshall earn his first varsity victory.
Whitman-Hanson hosts Silver-Lake tomorrow at 4:00 p.m.
- Athletic Calendar
- Athletic Directory (Coach Contacts)
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Athletic Handbook
- Captains Community Service Form
- College Bound Athlete
- Download Athletic Coaching Application
- Free Captains/Leadership Course
- Fundraising Form
- Hall of Fame Nominations
- Link to Games in Stadium
- Link to Live Stream of Indoor Events
- Link to Our Facebook Page
- Medical Clearance form for Doctors (Concussion Return to Play)
- MIAA Handbook
- MIAA Sport Modifications
- MIAA Whitman-Hanson Site (schedules, directions, contacts)
- Panther PALS Donations
- Parent Permission Slip/Medical Forms
- Parent Pledge
- PARENTS- Online Concussion Course
- Patriot League Rosters
- Patriot League Website
- Players Pledge
- Purchase School Insurance
- Purchase WH Athletic Gear
- Students - Concussion Pre Test
- Tryout Checklist
- User Fee Online Payments
- WH Student handbook
- Athletic Calendar